View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemama View Post
VR, I was only speaking to the Christians on this board who seem to think it would be ok to kill a baby to save a mother, not unsaved people.
Aussiemama. I love you dearly. I'm your Patron and Defender, okay? But I've gotta say something you might not like to hear.

I've had four children, and two of them have produced multiple offspring of their own. I love babies; if I could afford it, I would have had ten or twelve (had my wife agreed!). I was present at the delivery of all four of mine, and the experience ranks almost as high as my conversion as the most precious of my life.

But, let's say - - - although it's statistically very, very unlikely - - - that a Christian woman is told, by a capable and pro-life doctor, that carrying a newly-conceived child will kill her. No ifs, ands, or buts: either the mother or the baby will die.

It's fine to talk about faith, and if the parents in such a situation decided against an abortion, I'd admire and envy their faith. But say they already had children. Is refusing an abortion really worth depriving those children of their mother, and depriving her husband of his wife - - - especially when she might have other children in the future?

No, abortion is never "okay." Not at all. But, if it were my wife, and the doctor really knew what he was talking about, I would, as head of the home, opt for the abortion.

And if anyone wanted to say that I "didn't have enough faith," they'd just have to say it.