View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
LoL That was funny I have to say I struggle in this area myself, but then I'm letting out no secret there!

You share a wonderful testimony and I thank you for sharing. We don't see eye to eye on everything but I do think that you have exemplified a meek and quiet spirit in the occasions I've talked with you. I don't consider "meek and quiet" as in always saying nothing, keeping your mouth shut, but having a quiet spirit. More of a heart attitude that your mouth will speak from.

Be blessed!!!
Sis Amanda,

I'm glad you enjoyed my little interjection of humor there. Thank you for your kind words. As you had said in another thread (I daresay I wouldn't want to be called upon to search and find it!!) - "the Lord knows my heart." None of us are perfect, yet the Lord does, indeed, know our hearts, for both good and bad.

Genesis 6:5 - And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

1 Kings 8:39 - Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men (see also 2 Chronicles 6:30)

1 Chronicles 28:9 - And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

Psalm 44:21 - Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Psalm 139:23 - Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Jeremiah 12:3 - But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee:...

Matthew 9:4 - And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts? (see also Luke 5:22, 24:38)

Luke 16:15 - And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Acts 1:24 - And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

Acts 15:8 - And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, given them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Romans 8:27 - And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 John 3:20 - For if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Revelation 2:23 - And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and the hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Some of these, of course, apply only to Israel or to unbelievers. But God knows our heart, both good and bad that dwells there.

Jassy