Thread: Gap Theory
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Bro. Forrest, I must apologize for my sarcastic spirit and bad attitude a few times throughout this thread. I admit I'm too quick to jump to the conclusion that someone is less straightforward than they appear on the surface. Though I completely eschew using Greek or Hebrew unless dealing with Bible correctors, your definition of a word via Hebrew didn't merit the response I gave.

I'm going to draw a little picture to illustrate the geography of Genesis 2-4; bear with me here, I don't intend to be sarcastic.

Geography of Eden (Genesis 1-6)

Maybe I'm totally not understanding where you're coming from; sometimes I tend to miss the most obvious things.
That's okay. If we were face-to-face I'm sure we would get along just fine. I'm real laid back and very hard to offend. I may be wrong on the way I'm reading this verse.
Genesis 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
Here's my thinking. If the land of Nod was outside the region of Eden, as it is in your picture, it would read like this:

"...and dwelt in the land of Nod, east of Eden."

Again, I may be in error, but I think the two small words "on the" place Nod inside the region of Eden.

It's like saying: "I live in the land of Houston, on the east of Texas" which still places me in Texas, or "I live in the land of Houston, east of Texas" which places me outside of the Texas region, anywhere from Louisiana to Florida. Perhaps it's a southern dialect thing on my part. Anyway, that's what I'm thinking. This particular issue is not really that important to me.