Thread: Gap Theory
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
"Thou hast been in Eden, the garden of God..."

^^ Eden IS a garden in Ezekiel.

"God planted a garden eastward in Eden..."

^^ Eden is a place where God planted a Garden.

First Eden = Garden

Second Eden = Location where God created a Garden.

*bangs head against wall*
I am honestly attempting to simply take the Holy Scriptures at, as you say, face value. Please address the verses I have referenced and expound upon them with your own understanding and ideas. If you disagree with me, so be it, I am not offended at all. But please explain WHY you disagree by convincing me with SCRIPTURE. I have been persuaded (by Brother Tim) to openly change my mind on this Forum on a previous matter. I am open to the TRUTH. I will use scripture to support why I believe there were NOT two gardens. Here is my understanding of the word of God.
Genesis 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
First, we understand that Eden is a location. The words “…in Eden” confirm this fact.

Second, we understand that “eastward” identifies the location in which God planted a garden. A garden the HE planted in Eden. Since GOD planted the GARDEN in Eden, do you agree that it can be referred to as the GARDEN OF GOD and that it's also appropriately referred to as THE GARDEN OF EDEN?
Genesis 2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
Two verses later, we once again read that Eden is a location. The words “And a river went out of Eden” confirm this fact.

In my opinion, we can logically conclude that the garden which was watered by the river that went out of Eden, was the garden God planted eastward in Eden.

Thus far, the first Eden is a location, and has a garden, specifically planted by GOD located eastward.
Genesis 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Obviously, at this point it is called the “Garden of Eden” because it is a garden that GOD planted eastward in Eden.
Genesis 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
We know the story. SATAN had deceived Eve. “Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?” (Genesis 3:1). “And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression” (1 Timothy 2:14). “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:3). Even though it was Eve who was deceived and beguiled by the serpent, Adam also disobeyed God. “…and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat” (Genesis 3:6). In eating the forbidden fruit, he disobeyed God, and God “…sent him forth from the garden of Eden….”

Based on the word of God in those referenced verses, I conclude that Satan was in Eden, specifically eastward in Eden, in the garden God had planted, where he then tempted Eve. Adam, Eve, and Satan were all in the garden which GOD planted; which we can reasonable call the garden of GOD. The garden HE planted and walked in. “And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden” (Genesis 3:8).
Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Based on the above scriptures recorded in Genesis, I conclude that the words “in Eden the garden of God” found in Ezekiel 28:13 refer to where Satan had been when he tempted Eve. The same garden God had planted, eastward in Eden. Three chapters later, we receive more Biblical support.
Ezekiel 31:9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
I believe this is the same Eden and the same garden. The words “…that were in the garden of God” help me arrive at this logical conclusion. The word of God clearly says, “…all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God” in Ezekiel 31:9. By comparing scripture with scripture, I conclude this is the same EDEN and GARDEN referred to in Genesis and earlier in Ezekiel.
Ezekiel 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
I believe, in light of the other words of God, the words “…like the garden of Eden” refers to the same garden when God took Adam “…and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it” (Genesis 2:15).

Based on these SCRIPTURES, I conclude that this is the same EDEN and GARDEN in Genesis and Ezekiel. But as I said in my opening paragraph, I can be persuaded to change my view with scripture to support a differing view. I think this is reasonable.