View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Default Re:Factual errors in the Epistle to the Hebrews?

Quote:
"The solution to the authorship of Hebrews by Paul is that he was the only apostle qualified to write it. Barnabas, Apollos, or any other of the apostles and disciples, who Hebrews is attributed to, were great and mighty witnesses for the Lord Jesus Christ. None of them had the necessary knowledge and experience in Jewish Law and history, coupled with the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ as the centerpiece of the Old Testament and the similitude of, that the apostle Paul had. The mentioning of Timothy(a similitude of the present Body of Christ:Jewish mother, Gentile father) is revealing, as revealing as the mystery of the present Body, where Jews and Gentiles would be equal was given to Paul and no one else before Paul."
Aloha brother Tony,

Here is another “Arrow” for your “Quiver” in regards to Paul writing the Book of Hebrews:

The word “Conscience” is found 32 times (in 30 verses) in the Holy Bible. It cannot be found in the Old Testament, nor is it in the first three (“Synoptic”) Gospels. The first time the word “conscience” shows up is in the Bible is in the Gospel of John.

Paul speaks about the “conscience” 23 times in 21 verses in Acts and in his Epistles (Seven times more than any other Biblical writer.)

[Acts 23:1; 24:16] = 2 Verses / 2 Times
[Romans 2:15; 9:1; 13:5] = 3 Verses / 3 Times
[1Corinthians 8:7 (twice), 10, 12; 10:25, 27, 28, 29 (twice)] = 7 Verses / 9 Times
[2Corinthians 1:12; 4:2; 5:11] = 3 Verses / 3 Times
[1Timothy 1:5, 19; 3:9; 4:2] = 3Verses / 3 Times
[2Timothy 1:3] = 1 Verse / 1 Time
[Titus 1:15] = 1 Verse / 1 Time

TOTAL = 21 VERSES / 23 TIMES

In the Holy Bible - Who else wrote about the “conscience” besides Paul?

The Apostle John [John 8:9] = 1 Verse / 1 Time.
&
The Apostle Peter [1Peter 2:19; 3:16, 21] = 3 Verses / 3 times

That leaves five more verses (found only in the Book of Hebrews) where the word “conscience” shows up in the Holy writ. What are the Scriptural chances of any one else, besides Paul, writing 5 Verses about the “conscience” in our Bible? Not too good, as I see it!

[Hebrews 9:9, 14; 10:2, 22; 13:18] = 5 Verses / 5 times

I do not say with “finality” that the Apostle Paul wrote the Book of Hebrews (God obviously left the writer “anonymous” for a reason); but I, like you, can not think of any other New Testament writer who would have been as “QUALIFIED” to write it other than Paul.

About 25 years ago I “discovered” this verse (after 25 years of being a born again child of God) - 2 Corinthians 5:18 "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;" and although it might not be apparent, it changed my whole “outlook” on the ministry, and on how I deal with people. I greatly appreciate your emphasis on “the ministry of reconciliation”; and our being “Ambassadors for Christ”; and avoiding riding “Hobby Horses”. And I especially agree with your premise that “The central theme of the Scriptures is Jesus Christ.

I believe your Posts are both profitable and edifying - We have the SAME Lord, and the SAME Holy Bible, and I believe that we seek to have the SAME mind:

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Romans 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

I just want to encourage you in your efforts on behalf of the Lord; and I hope and pray that: “my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus”. [Philippians 4:19]

God bless you and yours always.