View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
He is still reading the KJV Bible daily, at my request......and I DO believe the Word of God is "quick (living) and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword.......hmmm, this is in Hebrews! One of my favorite Scriptures.
WOW, I find it amazing that a man who no longer accepts the Bible as truth could be reading it daily... truly he must be double minded and unstable in all his ways. But you are right about the Word being powerful, notice that same verse was mentioned in one of my first responses to you.

Quote:
Ironically, the first step on his slippery slope of losing faith in the Bible as the Word of God was doubting the Book of Hebrews because of discrepancies he could not reconcile.
Tandi, I don't know this fellow but I think his first step was to doubt God in his own heart, not just reading something in Hebrews. The Bible does not lead us to doubt, and God does not lead men into temptation. Also, in my opinion their are no real atheists in the world (Rom. 1:18-20), just sinful men who must say to themselves over and over "there is no God," who wake up every day and make a conscious, daily effort to push God out of their lives and reject His truth. As you know, wise Christians will not focus on any form of false doctrine, lest they become bewitched themselves (Gal. 3:1).

Quote:
When answers to hard questions are not found in Fundamentalist/Evangelical resources, the "new atheists" (Dawkins, Dennett, Shermer, Hitchens, Barker, etc.) are all too willing and eager to prey upon doubters with their best selling skeptic books. There is a new one by Bart Ehrman, called Jesus...Interrupted that is fast becoming a best seller. Ehrman is a Moody/Wheaton graduate......now agnostic, and leading many astray. We've got to have the apologetics resources available to refute this stuff!
Yes I agree they are out there my friend, and we know there have always been doubters and Bible haters, these men are no match for the Word of God, and mere fools as you know, trying to make a buck off their own darkness. (Psalm 14:1) Ben Stein in his movie "EXPELLED" made an absolute fool out of Dawkins in a personal interview, this movie can be rented now at Blockbuster, link below:
http://www.expelledthemovie.com/