View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
Hello Tony,

I was not addressing you in particular, or anyone in particular. There were a collage of words like ignorant, ungrounded, dangerous, not true believer, from multiple posts that might have triggered my slightly caustic tone in defense of my friend. These words do not describe him. He is not the first scholar to question the canonicity of Hebrews. It was one of the last books to be accepted, and there were controversies about it in the time of the Reformation as well.

I do not judge anyone's motives and hope my motives are not judged either. I am just trying to get some information to clear up the questions. Your dispensationalist view of this Book would actually be helpful to me....as the main problem my friend has with Hebrews is how it is generally understood to negate Torah and declare it superseded or obsolete. I do not read it that way at all, not in the King James Version, but I see mistranslation in the Alexandrian versions, resulting in antinomianism. I believe Hebrews will be vindicated in the KJV when these issues are resolved. At least I hope so.
Tandi, thank you for your reply. I am delighted that you received this message in the spirit it was given: Christian love and a desire to be of a help. I'm going to work on a reply here that hopefully will clarify several of your inquiries. I suggest as a further help when you read what I write that you have a bible there and read the references I give, read the whole passage.

The books of Hebrews and Revelation, the passages of I John 5:7 and I Timothy 3:16, are two of the most contested books, and two of the most contested passages because they are four living entities that cross the grain of Roman Catholic dogma and impeaches it. The one sacrifice of Christ in Hebrews, the identity of the apostate church in Revelation, the God who was made flesh, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, and received into heaven without His mother's help, and the Three Witnesses in heaven and not the fourth(Mary).

The reason you have to adopt the Scriptural dispensational doctrine of right division is that you are going to miss out on what Paul meant in Hebrews: That the Law was pointing to Jesus Christ. He kept it perfectly, we can't. That is a picture of our need for Him. We Gentiles grasped it thankfully and gladly. The Jews missed it because it denied them their own righteousness. That's why they hate Christ and rejected Him. They wanted to achieve righteousness by their own efforts in attempting to fulfill the Law.

When we come, Jew or gentile, to Jesus Christ we are saying, Lord God, I cannot keep the Law, I cannot be washed of my sins by the Law, only You can wash away my sins. That is your and my major disagreement.

The meaning of the Scriptures is not about keeping the Law: The central theme of the Scriptures is Jesus Christ.

Grace and peace to you and I'll be working on your message.

Tony