View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 01:06 PM

Yes, it is clear to me that Satan is not cast out of heaven until the great tribulation. We know he has access to heaven because Rev 12:10 says he accused the brethren before our God day and night.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And this must be the tribulation period as Rev 12:12-14 shows

Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens (plural, which would include the 3rd heaven), and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

The time, and times, and half a time are clearly the last 42 months of the great tribulation.

Besides Job, we have other verses showing Satan in heaven.

Zech 1:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. 2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? 3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. 4 And he (the LORD) answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Only Jesus has power to forgive sin. This was Jesus in heaven, not outer space.

The argument that this is the 2nd heaven or outer space does not hold water. Revelations 12 clearly shows that Satan was cast out of the 3rd heaven where he accused the brethren before our God day and night, just as Satan was doing in Job and Zechariah.

Yet again, more scripture that contradicts the gap theory that claims Satan fell to earth between Gen 1:1 and 1:2.

Last edited by Winman; 04-09-2009 at 01:31 PM.