View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Connie

I agree that political correctness is just a contemporary expression of the ongoing evil in the world, though it's had such a rapid and drastic effect in such a short time I personally wouldn't have considered "humanism" a sharp enough explanation. I don't even think "political correctness" is sharp enough to explain this complete sea change over just a few decades.

But in general I don't think you need a particular philosophy like "humanism" to explain the evil in the world or the being of one mind on the hatred of Christianity. Yes, certainly the devil directs aspects of it, but the corrupted fallen human nature is enough of an explanation all by itself. The flesh is "enmity to God." If God doesn't draw us to Him we'll just go on being more and more reprobate, and it's plain old human nature that in cahoots with the devil is always trying to overthrow God.

Quote:
Psalm 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Last edited by Connie; 04-09-2008 at 07:34 AM.