View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I will restate the question

How does one BELIEVE God more. I struggle with unbelief, but I believe as best I can. I am going through some major turmoil right now, and am struggling to take God's word as it stands, which I have never had a problem with before. The devil is attacking me with all kinds of verses that I used to be able refute (Hebrews 6, Hebrews 10, James 2), making me think I am in danger of losing my salvation or all kinds of stupid things.

How does one BELIEVE God, and fully rest in Him, in the midst of trials?
No matter what our current turmoil is we should remain firm in our foundation in Jesus Christ. Even when we are down and don't feel like it, read His Word, Pray, surround yourself with other Christians, listen to sound Biblical preaching. I must also add: tell others of the wonderful news of Jesus Christ.

Trust the Lord that He is growing you through trials. When we remain faithful we will grow in Christ. During the trial recognize that in the end you will be closer to Jesus, you will know Him more, love Him more and be more like Him.

Re: loving Jesus more,
Quote:
John 14:15-16 If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
We should trust in the fact that the Holy Spirit abides within us. Knowing this, trusting in this we will follow the teachings of Jesus and follow His example. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit by continuing in sin.

In obedience to God's Word, we will be blessed. Even during trials we always have joy in our salvation. We look up. Jesus prepares a place for us in Heaven. Praise the Lord!!!