View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 PM

I could be way off here - but I'll write what I believe from the scriptures. The Old Testament is primarily for Israel/Jews. It is, of course, directed to them and the LAW is directed to them. Sin was defined as the breaking of the Law and, therefore, ALL are guilty. After Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, we come into a NEW relationship with God. We become BLOOD-bought and God no longer sees our sin: past, present and future. We are covered by the blood of Christ. All of us had sin when we were saved. And all of us continue to have sin - since we are yet in that sinful Adamic body. Paul very wisely stated:

Romans 7:14-15 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

It is important here to note the verb tenses. Paul says I AM carnal (present tense), sold (past tense - it's done!) under sin. For that which I do (present tense) I allow not:... (present tense), etc.

Paul is very clearly stating that he was STILL YET in a sinful state. He still sinned. And we, also, still sin.

I thank the LORD that, in my weaknesses, He is made STRONG. And when I do sin, I know that I am covered by His blood. That is something that I cannot EVER be righteous enough to do. Nor can I account it to myself - but the LORD has accounted it to me. It WAS, and remains, a FREE gift.

For that, I praise Him, who - in His work at the cross - accomplished salvation for me and FORGAVE me. It is finished - He did it and I know that I am forgiven - past, present and future.

Jassy