Thread: Is God Fair?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM
cpmac

Brother Tim:

Quote:
I must disagree with your interpretation, cpmac.

If the verse read, "...for many shall come in my name, saying that I am Christ;" then you would be correct.

Because the KJB does not use quotation marks, one must look at the other punctuation to understand when a quotation is being made. In this case, the comma after the word "saying" indicates that the next phrase is the quotation. Therefore, the false one will say, "I am Christ."
Good point, Brother Tim. However, your interpretation relies entirely on the existance of a comma. But with, or without the comma, the logic does not fit. If I read you correctly, this false Christ will say, "I am Christ." In this verse, Jesus was speaking, and He said, "Many shall come in my name..." Whose name is that? It is the name of Jesus. So this false Christ comes in the name of Jesus, yet absurdly, he states that he, not Jesus, is the Christ! I'm afraid that doesn't wash. As I have indicated, there may be a few morons to try that ploy, and maybe just as many idiots who may fall for it, but not many. And Jesus said there would be many. There haven't been many false Christs, relatively speaking, but there have been myriads of false teachers.

Quote:
A number of persons have come on the scene claiming to be Christ after the fashion of Jesus (in His name). I believe it was Moon who said, "Jesus was the Christ of his day and I am the Christ today."
Not bad, Brother Tim, but "after the fashion of Jesus" is not coming in His name. And from what you say, Moon didn't come in the name of Jesus, He seems to have come in his own name, claiming to be Christ.

cpmac
www.tribulationhoax.com

Last edited by cpmac; 04-22-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: quotation missing