View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 PM

A couple more verses to throw into the hat for thought. Here "the soul" dies.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

I read God's Word(I have no problem capitalizing His written "Word"), and am always humbled at what it truly is, God's Word. The Great Equalizer.
George has done a great job showing some distinctions in the different attributes of man (on TULIP thread), but when we demand a definitive answer on some things, we are always left wanting. There are distinctions in our attributes, but they are also inextricably linked. The Bible is full of seeming paradoxes, but that the true believer can accept them by faith is how He would have it (cf. John 4:24, I Thes 2:13, Heb 11:6). It's God's Word, and I believe it!

1 Corinthians 8:2-3 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

What I do know is the unsaved will experience complete separation from God, and that is a sobering thought that should give us impetus to reach the lost.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

These many verses the brethren have contributed will help me think on these things as I study. Thanks.

Last edited by Debau; 03-07-2009 at 09:17 PM.