View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Rev.9, 10 I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, by and according to the context of these scriptures the Bride is a City, not Church Age Saints.
In the context God is likening the Lamb's wife to New Jerusalem, He is not literally saying that NewJ is the wife of Jesus Christ, and if you read it that way you just breed more confusion. Again, it's typology. In the Bible, women are likened to cities, and vice versa, we see this also in Rev 17 with the woman who rides the beast being Babylon, that great city.

Other examples are evident:

Jeremiah 49:24 Damascus is waxed feeble, and turneth herself to flee, and fear hath seized on her: anguish and sorrows have taken her, as a woman in travail. 25 How is the city of praise not left, the city of my joy! 26 Therefore her young men shall fall in her streets, and all the men of war shall be cut off in that day, saith the LORD of hosts.

Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Quote:
If you get a chance read some of James Knox stuff if you think I have deviated from main line Christian theology you will really love his stuff. he is a despensationalist but doesn't agreee with any of Ruckmans stuff or others for that matter. But he is true to sticking with the KJV.
I this the James Knox of the Bible Baptist Church of Deland, Florida? What do YOU think of Dr Ruckman?

Quote:
Remember mainline Christians theology is made by scholars
I don't equate Bible believing (that's what I posted) theology with mainline Christian theology. I have the interpreter of scripture within me and don't rely on scholars to tell me what the plain word of God says, even though I often read what other faithful men of God teach (2 Timothy 2:2).