View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
This is a personal question, but because it is also a doctrinal issue I thought this would be the place to post the question.

When I was 'baptised' years ago, I was sprinkled in a presbyterian church (as an adult). Now I know that baptism doesn't save us, but I've also heard people mention that our soul is separated from the flesh in baptism etc. My question is this; if you were me, would you want to be rebaptised by immersion? Perhaps I'm making a deal about it, but it's been on my mind a lot lately and I really need to find some rest from the concerns I have.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Stephen:

When I got saved in 2000, I started attending a Presbyterian church. After I'd attended it for a while, I decided to join, and asked about getting baptized. They refused to do so, because I'd been 'sprinkled' as a nine year old child. I explained to the pastor that I'd just been born again, and that the 'sprinkling' I got at that time meant nothing to me, but he told me that they just couldn't rebaptize me, as I'd had it done once already.

Less than a year later, I started looking for a Bible-believing church, because I was under conviction about the NIV bibles used in the church, and because I really felt, believed, that I needed to be Scripturally baptized, immersed. I found a nice Independent Baptist church, and within a week or so, went forward to be baptized!

So, I understand what may be going on...because something similar happened to me!