Thread: Dr. Ruckman
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I don't need to or feel the need to refute all your (or others') errors point by point. There is a time to let some things go out of obedience to God's Word:

2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
That's "real neat" brother (or should I say clever?). You declare with "finality":

Originally Posted by Jerry (General Chit-Chat - Dr. Ruckman - Post #15)
Quote:
"The OT didn't look forward to the death of Christ? Genesis 3 tells a different story - so does Psalm 22, Isaiah 53, other passages.

This ends the debate, if you accept the Bible:
"
And along comes a fellow brother in Christ with 32 type written pages (so far) that refutes your statement - point by point; and all you can do to "skinny out" of defending your position is misuse the scriptures - You did say: "This ends the debate, if you accept the Bible:", didn't you? Well back it up and prove it, or admit that you can't, instead of "weaseling" out with this lame use of scripture (after all you did make the claim).

This isn't the first time you have done this as the following will demonstrate:

jerry - Post #46 – Bible Studies - Dr. Peter S. Ruckman's Bible Believer's Bulletin free for download!!!!!!
Quote:
"The Bible also tells us to judge people by their fruits - doctrine and words are fruit. We are commanded to expose what is wrong - that would include exposing rotten fruit when it shows up."
You made the statement declaring with "finality": "doctrine and words are fruit." And when I replied with the following (My Post #69 - same topic):

Quote:
"doctrine and words are fruit"?

Wrong again brother!

You must Scripturally distinguish between the "works" of the flesh and "fruit". The following is the Scriptural definition of "works" & "fruit":

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

You said: "doctrine and words are fruit" - and yet the Holy Bible contradicts you - which is right? Hmmm?

"Doctrine"; "words"; & "works" are never "Fruit" - although "Fruit" can lead to "Good Works"; "Pure Words"; and "Sound Doctrine" - Never put the cart before the Horse!
Instead of defending your position - you ignored the scriptural correction to your erroneous "interpretation" of scripture. Is this a habit of yours? Ignoring correction and failing to defend statements? And when faced with no other alternative - avoid a scriptural defense of your position by running to verses that do not apply to the situation?

I wonder (in the 589 posts that you have made on this Forum) have you ever been wrong? Or have you ever admitted to having made an error in "interpreting" the scriptures?

Or do you just "ignore" or lightly "dismiss" scriptural statements and proofs whenever they contradict your "claims"?

I've read most of your 589 posts and I'm probably in agreement with 80% - 85% of what you say, however there are doctrines and precepts where we differ, and if you are going to make declarative statements about doctrine with such finality you should be willing to back up what you believe.