View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 03:40 PM

I have the Docs.Book the Christians Handbook Of Manuscript Evidence. From whence the quote comes from as well in some his other works.
the context is Acts 19:37 where the AV says Robbers of Churches whereas the MVs have Robbers of Temples.
I will give brief quotes here
page 125-126 "There are two greek words used. This type of correction comes under the heading of:church should have been translated assembly and baptism as immersion etc). But the careful student of the scripture through long familiarity with the AV text, has been surprised more than once by the marvelous undesigned "coincidences" which God the Holy spirit has inserted in the Bible, with the awareness of the translating committee."

he then goes on to exegete the passage applying it to idol worship and it's relation to prophecy. I pick it up again...
"If it is left as temples all future application is nullified for the pagan temples of Dianna disappeared with the pagan idolatry of pagan Rome.. but!!!..... if Rome where to exchange Diana for Mary and Icons for Images and CHURCHES for Temples, then the Reformation text would point a finger in the right direction clearly and a direction that the greek is unable to indicate."
Moral: "Mistakes in the AV 1611 are advanced revelation!!"

Hope this helps folks and clears up one more slanderous remark about Doc. Ruckman...
Every Blessing...