View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 12:39 PM
joshjefflawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Jeff,

please remember Christians who are not independent Baptist but carry the same doctrines and views should be a comfort to you and you should welcome them. denominationalism is not necessarily Biblical.
I know that brother Chette. I have no problems with any one here or anything. I'm not like the baptist brider's who believe that only Baptists are Christ bride, and won't fellowship with you if you don't believe that way.
I am a Baptist becasue it seems that they have stayed closser to the Bible than alot of other Denominations. I know there are groups of Baptists that have gone the way of old yeller, and yea, there are even Independent Baptists who have left there trusty Bibles for these untested bastardised, inspired by the Devil "new age versions for the new age".
Having said that I do enjoy being a Baptist, infact my paticualr line is a spiritual downshoot of Jay Frank Norris. I also know that there have been many great Pastors in the past, many of whom were not Baptist, like Billy Sunday, DL Moody, Sam Jones, Bob Jones sr, ect. If I could be even half as sucsefull for the Lord, I think that would be amazing. My goal is to learn more about these great men of God, and strive to be as bold for the Lord as these men were.
I have no intention of leaving this here board, I really enjoy it and it has been a blessing so far. I just would like to get to know some more IB's that I can fellowship with. In the land of Oregon, and in Springtucky (thats Springfield) We are the only Independent Baptist group from here to Portland. So I pretty much have my church and thats all.
Thanks for the links though and have a good day,
Josh