View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 12:38 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default heretic or 'divisive'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Greetings, Brother Will. Once again, you've given some good edification. And it's troubling indeed...but expected.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

About one month ago, I asked a few college age individuals (about ten) the questions: Do you believe we have in our possession today the preserved, perfect, written word of God in the English language today? If so, which Bible?

NONE said yes. And all thought it was okay to use something other than the outdated, archaic King James Bible. My children (4) all use the KJB...and I hope and pray they never depart from it.
Hi brother. Here is an actual Barna poll (he takes polls about Christian beliefs and is pretty well known) that was done not too long ago. This is really scary from a human point of view, although no surprise to God and His Book.

The Barna Research Group reported in 1996 that among American adults generally: 58% believe that the Bible is "totally accurate in all its teachings"; 45% believe that the Bible is "absolutely accurate and everything in it can be taken literally."

"Support dropped between that poll and another taken in 2001. Barna reported in 2001 that: 41% of adults strongly agrees that the Bible is totally accurate in all that it teaches."

"Seminary students, future pastors and leaders in the church, show very little support for the inerrancy of the Bible position. What does that foretell about the future of the church? Undoubtedly, just as the poll results show in the 1996 - 2001 time frame, THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE BELIEVING THE BIBLE IS INERRANT WILL DROP."

Well, I will win any bet that if we actually get a chance to push people to the wall about what they REALLY believe about the Bible we will find that anybody who is not a King James Bible onlyist does not believe that any single Bible in any language IS the inspired and 100% true Bible against all others that differ from it in both texts and meanings. So this means that probably around 95% of present day Christians are not Bible believers but Bible doubters and Bible agnostics.

"When the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8

Will K