View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 PM

Too all,

I nor any of my associates hold to the Gap as described in the above link supplied by Mind and Body in post #145. as a matter of fact the Gap they refute in that article is that of Geologist not the Biblical Gap that I and my friends who support the gap in scriptures hold too.

please again reread the first few posts, We do not hold to theistic evolution, nor AGE/day ideology. We do not believe any existence of pre-adamic man and other creatures God did not make Known in the Bible i.e. angles, Cherubs, Cherubim's, Seraphim's, arch-angles, Lucifer, Michael, Gabriel etc.

the Bible is clear the earth is created to be forever. It was created in everlasting and it will be unto everlasting. and even in Revelation the old is destroyed and a new one appears and this outside of the 24/7TQ.

We do not hold that there were necessarily long periods of time. We admit there is no way to understand from Everlasting as this time measurement is outside our current understanding it is only hinted at as being unknowable by the Psalmist and Peter.

We hold that OUR current time calculating method was created or established in Gen1:3-5 and that it is two part division of day and Night both being roughly 12 hours each and completing a 24 hour cycle of a single day, the end of such being the first DAY. not one of millions of years before the 24/7 of Gen1:3.

the seven day week being established by God. the Month was later calculated into the equation when God created the Sun Moon and stars for times and seasons. with that the establishment of months and years were made possible. so here in we deny any existence of sun moon and stars previous to Gen 1:14.

We do not find the Bible to be in error nor do we try and change the Bible but simply take it at face value. we do not find the Genesis to be corrupt or misinterpreted and the Gap is because the information between Gen 1:1 (proverbs 8:22-24) and Gen 1:2 is left out because God chose to do so when inspiring the scriptures. But God has left us plenty of scriptures for those who would know to find.

Please remember there are at least five different understanding of the space or gap between Gen1:1 and Gen1:2 apart from the one we hold. this includes the no gap theory of the current creationist groups like Hovind's and Morris's just to name 2, and there are at least three of those like Hovind's that hold different views on creationism young earth.