View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 01:50 PM

Mikie, I thought you started this thread for the sake of discussion, how can there be legitimate discussion if you take offense every time someone gives you their opinion? How can there be any real understanding if we don't discuss what we believe and why we believe it so that we don't offend you?

I believe there needs to be labels, specific labels; mormons will call themselves Christians (please don't take offense at this and say I'm comparing you to a mormon, I'm not, I'm simply trying to make a point by using an obvious example). We need to understand where each one is coming from, at the same time we can't just blindly agree with you so as not to offend when our convictions are different. Iron sharpens iron (you've stated yourself that you've grown, so why take offense?).

Many years ago I attended an Assembly of God church for quite some time, so I'm not completely ignorant of, nor do I believe I'm purposely blind and hostile to you and your doctrine. There were just things I couldn't reconcile (and I did try) and felt uncomfortable with, nor did I see huge amounts of the fruit of the Spirit in the everyday lives of those who spoke in tongues and were being continually refilled with the Spirit.