View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
sophronismos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
- the Pure Cambridge Edition made almost fifty small purification changes around the year 1900, which is the final edition of the KJB now.
So, your pure Cambridge Edition was made in 1900? So why was it OK to change sope to soap in 1900 but is wrong now to change vail to veil or divers to divers in 2008? Sounds like a bunch of silly foolish senile old men's fables and wives fables too. If some men (only God knows who) had the right to change sope to soap in 1900, then I beleive I have the right to change divers to diverse. Of course, unlike them, I wouldn't pawn off my edited up text as being the KJV 1611!!! I would give it a new name and perhaps some notes on what was changed. I bought an Americanized KJV once, and I was very dissapointed. They changed Elias to Elijah, and Sodoma to Sodom but didn't change musick to music or ancle to ankle or milch camel to milk camel. What kind of ridiculous selective update is that? Nobody ought to have a problem figuring out that Elias is Elijah and that Sodoma (which occurs only in one place) is Sodom. But milch camel might very well trip someone up! Plus they didn't provide an exhaustive list of what they changed. None of these editors ever do. And that is annoying. Even your vaunted pure Cambridge editors probably didn't. But how would I know, since the pure Cambridge doesn't really exist.

Last edited by sophronismos; 05-01-2008 at 07:55 PM.