View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Welcome to the forum, Soe! (I can't bring myself to call you either "Spirit" or "Elijah," no offense!) I agree with what you wrote, but I'd welcome you even if I didn't. Just jump in with both feet and start posting! I hope that your presence here will be mutually edifying - - - and it's a great place for prayer requests, too!
Hello Brother. Tell me why you agree with:

Quote:
This phrase God loves the sinner but hates the sinnner in my veiw is unbiblical and came about of a feel good statment that really didn,t say anything.
Do these verses teach that God loves the sinner?
Romans 5:8-10 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Can we conclude that it was God's love that provides reason He would send His only begotten Son to die for a man, who happens to be a sinner? Does God love the sinner based on the written word?

Do these verses teach that God hates the sinner?
Psalms 5:4-6 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

Psalms 11:4-7 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men. The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup. For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.
Can we conclude that God's hates the man, who is a worker of iniquity, is wicked, and the one who loves violence? Does God hate the sinner based on the written word?

Praise Him, I once was His enemy, but through Christ, I've been reconciled to God!