View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonB View Post
Hello folks, new to this forum but not the Bible and I know I can find an answer to my question which at 66, has really been on my mind, why?

Can someone justify through Scripture (not through fallen man) for not observing the Sabbath on the seventh day? I don't find it, I have found lots of Scripture twisting going on but I haven't found any true justification. This is serious business since it is in the Commandments. Ignorance may be one thing, but willful disobedience is not acceptable.

So now, if in fact this Commandment should be observed (since it is, after all, a Commandment), then how? I'm really searching here so let us reason together.

Blessings to all,
Ron
Ron, you are basing your question in an unestablished premise, firstly, you are asserting a "Christian" sabbath on "the seventh day". I need first to see your Scriptural proof as to one part of the law of Moses being transposed over into this administration of Paul, the Grace Age, that stresses NO works, such as a sabbath observance. We are under no "commandments". I'm a Gentile after the flesh, and am not bound to the law, only in a description of my human nature.

I renounce sabbath keeping as not part of the gospel Paul preached and you cannot judge me for that belief. There IS no "Christian sabbath":

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Le 19:30 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Le 26:2 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Ron, where is the Tabernacle? Not the Temple but the Tabernacle? If you observe the sabbath did you reverence the Tabernacle? You can't, becasue it no longer exists on earth, and you are guilty under this Scripture:

Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I'd suggest you need to rightly divide the Scriptures right after you give me a Scriptural proof that there is such a thing as a "Christian Sabbath"

Grace and peace to you

Tony