View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophgetter View Post
It is my belief that if you have been born again of the Spirit of God and I have been born of the Spirit of God, then you and I are brother and sister because we have been born of the same Father.
Gophgetter, I'm actually glad to know you claim to be "born of the Spirit of God", but we wonder if you're really born the same way we were born because you claim (in another thread) that the devil was the author of the "once saved, always saved" doctrine.

Are you really "born of the Spirit of God", or are you "born of the works of man"?
Is being "born of the Spirit of God" a permanent act of a powerful, eternal God, or is it a temporary act of a weak, corruptible man?
After being "born of the Spirit of God" can you be "unborn" by the work of man?

As someone puts it, "If you're born again, can you be unborn again?"

For example: I met someone about 8 years ago who believes that our church members are not really born again because of their not-so-good works. She believes that a born-again person NEVER sins. She claims to be born again. I asked if she's sure of heaven. She said she's not sure because she may sin again! I thought she said she was born again and a born again person can not sin anymore...

What we want you to understand here is that if you're really saved, you're SAFE! If you're a child of God now, you can never go home with your ex-father to Hell anymore. If you don't obey your Heavenly Father (after being born of His Spirit), He will discipline you on earth, or else, call you home to Heaven early; but never will He send you to someone else's home.

Romans 8:38,39 says nothing shall separate me from the love of my Heavenly Father.
Do we have the same Father? Are we of the same family? Were we born the same way?