View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Graceismine

It has always been my opinion that Satan is the god of this world. I would just like to know what Lively Stone is getting at.

Satan is also the "prince of this world" indicating that he is a ruler.

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Satan is an angel. He rebelled against God in Heaven and was cast down into the air with access to the earth. When he rebelled God could not kill him because he is an immortal being. I believe that God has allowed Satan to have power on earth until the time comes when his works are destroyed.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

God is righteous and cannot go against His own integrity. Jesus will destroy the works of Satan and I believe He is doing it by forming a "New Creation". We defeat Satan's works every time we have victory over him. That final victory will be death and Satan's power and rebellion against God will be dealt with once and for all.

......................Grace