View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Tandi,

Here is some very good information on the LXX. Go watch it and you'll learn something.

The LXX - Once Upon A Time by Dr. Sam Gipp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER5FXGL54Q

Atlas
Hi Atlas, all.........

I watched it. It was good. I have a couple of Dr. Gipp's books and have been on his mailing list for years. Very helpful, although I am discouraged right now about my friend. Steve is probably right. My only hope is that the Word of God will penetrate his defenses somehow. He is reading his dad's KJV at my request, but his intellect is full of higher criticism, source criticism, form criticism, etc., and my lack of scholarship, inability to read Hebrew, etc. gives me no room to speak in his view. Do you think Floyd Nolen Jones would make a good impression on him? His resume looks impressive.

Quote:
Floyd Nolen Jones, ThD., PhD

Following a 14 year professional career during which he held varying positions of responsibility as Paleontologist, Geophysicist, District Geophysicist, Geophysical Manager, and Regional Geophysicist with Texaco and Tenneco respectively, Dr. Floyd Nolen Jones was selected to attend Division Manager School shortly before resigning from his scientific vocation in 1974 to pursue Biblical studies.

Having attained a Ph.D. as well as a Th.D., Dr. Jones has garnered majors in the disciplines of Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Theology, and Education from six institutions of higher learning. A magna cum laude graduate and an ex-evolutionist, he also possesses a minor in Physics and is an ordained Minister (SBC).

Dr. Jones twice served as adjunct Professor at Continental Bible College in Brussels, Belgium. Having authored a definitive work on bible chronology, he has also written several books on textual criticism in defense of the traditional biblical text. He is currently engaged in ongoing Biblical research and the teaching of God's infallible Word. He and his wife, as well as his children and grandchildren, reside in Texas.
I am reading his Septuagint article now. Nice that his books are available as pdf downloads.

Prayer requested for my friend, and for me not to get too discouraged. This friend would make a great apologist for the truth if he comes around. There is just too much apostasy going on in this generation because of confusion about the Bible. The Atheist authors (Dawkins, Shermer, etc.) are having a field day stealing the best and brightest.

Shalom,

Tandi