View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlf View Post
I'm not sure why this issue is so controversial, for me it's just another minor disagreement amongst sincere believers. But I would be dishonest if I were to not openly admit that it is my opinion that dispensationalists display a deeper understanding of the Scriptures. This understanding enables them to explain a greater number of "difficult" passages than your traditional "church" doctrine followers are able to.
John, I appreciate your polite response. And for the record, I think you are 100 percent correct about the creatures of Genesis 6 and the daughters of men.

To the topic at hand:
Please understand most of us here subscribe to the scriptural application of RIGHTLY DIVIDING and the importance of dispensational truth. I have hard bound books on the subject in my library. However, since you say you are not coming from any type of church membership you probably have no idea of the discord and damage which WRONGLY DIVIDING (a.k.a. Hyperdispensationalism and Bullingerism) has created for many Bible believing churches and ministries.

The notion that believer's baptism is a dead work and part of the Mosaic Law (which has already been promoted here) is not a "minor" issue. When people come on here and tell everyone who was ever scripturally baptized that it was UNSCRIPTURAL, that is not a "minor" issue. It shows a deep misunderstanding of dispensational truth, and even though it's not really all that complicated, there are always a few hypers who MAKE it complicated. Anyone who has been in the ministry for 30 or 40 years knows this. Those of us who have seen this are more likely to be on guard for it. I encourage you to do more research on these issues.

We sometimes have people come to this forum who are confused over various issues, suggesting that we should worship on the Sabbath, avoid believer's baptism or avoid certain meats, etc. and for me, it's not "emotional or offending" as you have suggested—and it's certainly not a matter of "the flesh"—it's simply correct vs. incorrect Bible doctrine, and there are reasons for concern...

As I posed earlier, Ultradispensationalism can often come packaged with some other strange teachings. For example some of the adherents to Ultradispensationalism reject not only the ordinance of baptism with water but also the Lord’s Supper, proclaiming that the church of today is no longer to participate in ANY kind of ordinance. Some adherents of Ultradispensationalism also officially reject church attendance completely, such as Otis Q. Sellers in his pamphlet named "Christian Individualism." There are often many subtle folds to Bullingerism and its sister doctrines, and I am certainly NOT trying to project any or all of them onto ANY member of this forum, but I suspect that some of the new believers here are perhaps not aware of the complete history of this teaching, so I simply put it out there and let them decide for themselves. Others have had far more negative opinions on it over the years, to see where they are coming from please do read the comments here from Dr. Harry Ironside and David Walker:
http://www.gotothebible.com/HTML/wrongly1.html
http://www.victory-baptist.net/hyper.htm#_ftn13

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-20-2009 at 02:48 PM.