View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Ethiopian Eunuch Acts 8, Acts 2, are either Israel or a convert to Judaism. so their baptism is that of John's Baptism as commanded in Matthew 28.
I hear you, but sorry I don't see it that way Chette. John's baptism was never commanded in Matt. 28. John's baptism was PRE-RESURRECTION and was never in the name of the "Father Son and Holy Ghost," per Matt. 28. You won't ever find John baptizing anyone in that manner, anywhere in the Bible. It's not that complicated.

Furthermore, I see nothing in Acts 8 that says the baptism of the Ethiopian was John's baptism. Phillip preached the resurrected Christ and heart salvation, not the message of John. (Acts 8:35-37) The idea that the Ethiopian was a convert to Judaism is of no consequence here; Jews got saved by Grace, just like they do now.

Brother Freedoheaven (your brother in the Phillipines) is correct on this when he stated:
"Our Lord Jesus gave us a very specific, clear command in Matthew 28:19 for the believers to follow. This command to baptized "...in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" is a compelling evidence of the importance of water baptism from his other commandments."

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-20-2009 at 01:25 PM.