View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
As far as smoking goes. Sure I did smoke for four years of my life age 16 to to 20. When I found out it was a sin I stopped doing it. Before I knew it was a sin I thought of smoking like drinking a Coke or a Pepsi. I also no longer use caffeine either, I think it's bad for you so I stopped drinking pop also. Are you saying some guy smoking a Winston is the same as a man using hillbilly heroin? I guess Rush had not idea that he was hooked on hillbilly heroin and it was the wrong thing to do. Aren't you the same person that thinks drinking is not a sin? I'll bet you've got a six pack in the fridge right now. I'll also know this I can give you many Bible verses about drinking and if your lucky you may can find one they may or may not be used for smoking.

Sure I have apologized for some things I have said when I am in the wrong. I never do apologize when I am right however. I see no need to do so. Are you for the use of hillbilly heroin to get high? Do you think it is right to defend a drug addict by saying we all have sinned? We all have sinned no doubt about it. Well can you not say the same for a thief? Well it's ok that Ken Lay robbed everyone at Enron, we all live in glass houses so no need to judge him right.

Look if you guys want to listen to a guy that was on hillbilly heroin for years that is fine with me. If he makes you proud to be an American, well that's ok with me. Just do not defend a druggie and say he is the best this party has to offer. then keep it up. Let a dope head be the mind power behind our party that could have much better leaders. I just ask why dumb down the party. Why not use some of the classical ideas that built the party? Why not use some good leaders that we do have. Why not Newt? Why not someone else. Why dose it have to be a pill popper when we can do far better. That was the point of the whole post to start with. The point many of you have missed. We have went from Jefferson, Goldwater, Regan, Buckley, Rand and Friedman to Rush. Think that over a little. This is not good for our party or our nation.
Atlas
I wonder what's in your closet brother that you lash out at an unsaved man, and then falsely accuse the brethren?
I was an heroin addict for 30 years. I was a liberal for many of those years. I have no real use for Rush, but I do thank him for helping me change my mind about liberalism while I was still lost.
Have you forgotten you were lost?
Were you the one who cleaned yourself up?
I think the comment on your "vision" may have been right on.

2 Peter 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

It's pretty pathetic you lash at these folks for agreeing(not idolizing) some statements Rush made, and then you prop up your idols (philandering Newt, et al) in a what is blatant hypocrisy.

Are you still lost? I know unsaved folks with more grace than how you've presented yourself here. The only person who has "pushed the issue" is you.