View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 06:48 PM

Default Re: "A Question of Scholarly Arrogance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeak View Post
Forgive me the use of "us" and "we."

I must admit the doctrine of the KVJ English itself being inspired is very new to me. I have never heard a preacher or minister or teacher talk of the English being inspired. The Hebrew sure, the Greek maybe, but the English?

I read this idea on the AV1611.com site and it forced me to ask whether inspiration applies to originals only or to translations as well. Most of what I have been taught, I have recently come to realize, was based the idea the KJV is the Word of God translated and preserved by man, but not inspired by God.

I am still not sure about the idea that the KJV is inspired, but am seeking God in prayer on this idea.

Aloha MPeak,

Please check out this Thread on The Inspiration of Scripture.

The articles were written by Moses LemuelRaj from India and Posted by me (with his permission).

I believe that these essays represent the position that some (including me) King James Bible believers (but not all) hold. It is the belief that the "words" of God themselves are "inspired" not just the original "languages", or just the "original autographs" in the "original languages"; but the very "words" themselves - regardless of the language.

Brother Moses has written one of the best articles, that I have ever read in over 40 years, explaining Scriptural Inspiration - according to the Scriptures themselves, and not according to some scholarly "construct", that is according to the wisdom of the world. [1 Corinthians 2:1-16]

I hope that this may be of some help in your search for the truth.

If you care to explore a little further - I have several Threads and/or Posts concerning the subject of the King James Bible issue. The following "Links" are to two of the main ones:

A short overview of the issue:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...3&postcount=69

Why I believe the King James Bible is the word of God:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...78&postcount=1

Psalms 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.