Thread: KJ study bible
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion on a KJ study bible, what to look for and where to purchase one, Barnes and Noble etc.. thank you. Jeremy
Good question Jeremy. You have been given some good answers. You will not go wrong with the Thompson Chain Reference Bible. Unless you are 20/15 , then opt for the Large Print edition- . They have Hardback, Bonded Leather and Genuine Leather. If you can afford the genuine or calfskin leather...buy it, because it lasts longer.

I also own The Open Bible in K.J. published by Thomas Nelson pubs.. Very, Very good study Bible. Up front is the Cyclopedic Index with thousands of entries for subjects, and each book from Genesis to Revelation has an introduction that tells who/what/why/where/how the Book was written. There are many helpful and instructive things such as a history of the English Bible, a short history of the apostles, and an excellent list of Old testament prophecies-subjects-New Testament fulfillments. Weights,measures, monies. Maps. A very useful thing is located between the Testaments---The Christian Life Study outlines. Subjects cover many areas, and are very good basic instruction for Christianity. The studies all key into the New Testament and give you the page number to find the verse on.

There is another one called "The Defenders Study Bible" with input from Dr. Henry Morris (a creationist) of the I.C.R.. They give helps to defend creationism and inerrancy! {I think it is published by World}.