View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Kinney View Post
Hi brother. Here is an actual Barna poll (he takes polls about Christian beliefs and is pretty well known) that was done not too long ago. This is really scary from a human point of view, although no surprise to God and His Book.

The Barna Research Group reported in 1996 that among American adults generally: 58% believe that the Bible is "totally accurate in all its teachings"; 45% believe that the Bible is "absolutely accurate and everything in it can be taken literally."

"Support dropped between that poll and another taken in 2001. Barna reported in 2001 that: 41% of adults strongly agrees that the Bible is totally accurate in all that it teaches."

"Seminary students, future pastors and leaders in the church, show very little support for the inerrancy of the Bible position. What does that foretell about the future of the church? Undoubtedly, just as the poll results show in the 1996 - 2001 time frame, THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE BELIEVING THE BIBLE IS INERRANT WILL DROP."

Well, I will win any bet that if we actually get a chance to push people to the wall about what they REALLY believe about the Bible we will find that anybody who is not a King James Bible onlyist does not believe that any single Bible in any language IS the inspired and 100% true Bible against all others that differ from it in both texts and meanings. So this means that probably around 95% of present day Christians are not Bible believers but Bible doubters and Bible agnostics.

"When the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8

Will K
And what I'm wondering in all of this is where do we see the work of the Holy Spirit bearing witness of the TRUTH. I asked a brother just last evening how do you know the KJB is God's word? He replied, "...because it's alive and speaks to my inner man. Other versions do not." Simple answer but so true.

I also knew as a young Christian this to be true. I tried the easier to read, up to date, and modernized versions...but my inner man rejected them. They were dead...lifeless. My choice to use only the KJB was not from historical fact, pastoral persuasion, videos, films, or books. Just the KJB and the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart. "Thus saith the Lord."