View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
As I said at the beginning of my posts on this subject - This is not an issue that I would break fellowship with a fellow believer. I think I understand where they are coming from. I believe that I have the stronger position (relying on Scripture only) with less personal "speculation" and private "interpretation". There is a whole lot more to this study and it involves knowing what the church of God is; and its purpose; and how it is supposed to function. And the purpose of "gifts" within the church. Obviously we don't have time or the space here to deal with it all. I'm not suggesting that I have all the answers. But I do know where all the answers are and where they aren't.

Yours in the Lord Jesus Christ for His Holy Word,

George
This is called "charity". "Stronger position" is what we're after. Some of our brethren in my country who reject "right division" do not realize that it only strengthens the fundamentals of the faith.
I know that we both agree that signs have ceased. Concerning "disagreements", it has been my principle that "when the waters are not clear, don't dive". Speculation and forced interpretation we both reject. May the Holy Spirit enlighten us all.
Nonetheless, browsing though all the threads, I see that 100% agreement on all the issues is an impossibility. To know which position is stronger, what I do is to assume one position to know where it is weak and where it is strong, then assume the other position and defend it to know its strengths and weaknesses, too. Finally, I get to the plain Word of God...
I think most of us here doesn't have a know-it-all attitude. That's one reason I call myself "Bible student". Having said this, we can proceed to further discussion as time permits and as long as we deem it necessary.
I will post my answers later, as I see that if I give them hastily, it appears more of a speculation (or is it?).
But to you, Bro. George, you know that I know you have a good heart. I thank God for you!

Bible student