View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Thanks, Jassy, for the response. My daughter who is skilled also lives in a distant town. Getting answers back from her has delays due to limited contact. [read: she doesn't "get around to" checking her email or voice mail] My wife and I generally have to send a special envoy with an engraved request for a call back. [I am picking on her here... full satire mode]

Since it will be the end of the millennium before she answers my email, perhaps you could tell me if there is a distinguishing difference between singular and plural pronouns. That is, signs that would accurately distinguish between "thou" (singular subjective case) and "ye" (plural subjective case)?
Brother Tim,

Your daughter sounds like most busy people today.

Yes, there are differentiations between singular and plural pronouns. It is in the movement. The handshape for both would be a "closed 'B' or '4' hand - palm turned upward" and for thou it would point in one exclusive "pointing" direction - and for "ye" it would be more of an inclusive sweeping motion.

However, these would be for American Sign Language. I don't know where you live - so I can't generalize for other signed languages.

Jassy