View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 PM
joshjefflawn

This is my conviction, taket how you will this is what I believe.
I don't know one word in either greek or hebrew. So to try to study the word of God from either wouldn't do me any good. What did Paul say about tounghes,
" Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue." 2 Cor 14:19.
If my preacher Got up sunday to the pulpet and began to preach out of the Recieved Text, what would it protfit me If I understood nothing he said. It would be in vain, same with the Hebrew old Testimat. Like I said I don't know enough hebrew or greek to ax were the bathroom is let alone get saved.

So my conviction is this. If you understand Greek and Hebrew, and you use it to edifie Gods holy word, the KJV then I don't think there is anything wrong with that. But If you are using either hebrew, greek german or anything else to correct and to bring dought to Gods holy word then I think you would be playing a fools game, puting yourself in judgment of Gods Word. The very book (word) that will sit in judgment on all creation.

If you think your smart enough to tell God, that his word has errors, then be my guest, but don't do it if Im within a 5,000,000,000,000 mile distance from you.