View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Scott Simons

Thank you Brother George, and aloha,
this is great, you do do alot of work to articulate sujects.
I would like to go through these and comment on each one and archive the the conclusions.
You are very helpful, and bless with a comparative mind, helpful.

Ok I do have a observation, a little off suject, but relative somewhat.
Quote:
=George;7182]
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU COULD “LOSE ” YOUR SALVATION?
11.[/FONT][/B]YOU COULD BREAK THE SEAL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF PROMISE! {
Ephesians 1:1-14 (esp. 13 & 14); Ephesians
4:30; 2Timothy 2:19}

Here I noticed you Capitalized holy Spirit of promise, do you see the holy Spirit the same as Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost? I have posted a thread on this subject.

Quote:
IF
Quote:
[/U]
Quote:
you can lose your Salvation, just exactly what kind of sin (or number of sins) does it take to lose it? You sure can get in a heap of trouble when you refuse to BELIEVE the word of God!

{Note: At some time in the future I shall add to this list and if you can find anymore - please add them here. G.A.}
[/QUOTE]

Ok this make me think this; if you can't lose you salvation, if you are saved and return and live in sin, you are not really saved, so you never where saved to begin with, so what is the difference and where is the line to know you are saved?

It is like if you have said the magic words (no offense implided) or convince the heart to believe on Jesus that seals the deal, and that is all is nessesary. Then all God's word does from that point is get us more rewards or keeps us form losing rewards, it never really is part of our salvation it just there to upgrade us. Or basically we are set free (salvation).

Backsliders, are they saved, even if they have die in the backsliding, or how did they become a backsliders, if they where not saved? I may just now understand what backsliding is, but I kind of think it is like turning away from be a Christian.

I do love the list and would appreciate your patience with me, I really would like it to be clear on this, it is hard for me to grasp some of this.

Aloha Brother