View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 PM
ok.book.guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by againstheresies View Post
I am interested in hearing reasons why you reject the NKJV. The only valid argument I have heard to date is that some people prefer the plural pronouns of the KJV. This is an archaic convention that is no longer used in modern English and is not a critical factor for me, but I will grant this is a valid objection however weak it may be. I would like to hear some more substantive arguments as to why you specifically reject the NKJV. I think it is an excellent translation that is worthy of your consideration. Perhaps you can enlighten me.
You're wrong about it being a weak argument. Thee is english for 2nd person singular. Ye is english for 2nd person plural. The Greek mss. make a distinction in the number of the pronoun. So does the KJV. The NKJV just drops this inspired content of God's word. Note modern spanish speakers make this distinction in the number of the pronoun. Its in the english grammar. That's why the KJV used it. Its called respect for God's word. All of God's word.

BTW: Edward F. Hills was asked to give his endorsement of the NKJV. He would not. He did not approve of the NKJV.