View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 12:56 PM

Default Re: " Do you have to be KJVO to be here???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Ward View Post
"I think you mean who changes it in a way that is unacceptable to you?

Because I am sure that when you or your Pastor get up to preach the Bible, you just don't read from it and then sit down? I am sure to take the time to convey the truth and explain in in a way that your audience will understand.

For example, I preached this Sunday night from Ephesians 4:11-16 and in verse 12
"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" I explained how this perfecting carries the meaning of well-rounded or mature. In the strictest application of your statement I have changed or added to the Word of God, have I not?

Since our fellowship is around the Word of God, with salvation being the starting point, you have drawn the line that you both must have the same Bible. But if the Bible they have is 50% the Word of God, why is it that you could not fellowship on that 50% and be a blessing and an encouragement to a fellow brother in Christ?

If I liken the Bible Version Issue (maybe a new thread) to a Liberty in Christ Issue (Romans 14). Who would you say is the stronger brother and who would you say is the weaker brother on the Bible Issue
?"
Aloha brother Matthew,

WHY are you trying to "figure out" WHAT I "MEAN", when WHAT I HAVE SAID (MY "WORDS") should be clear enough (without "reading into it" WHAT I might possibly "MEAN").?

You still don't get it, and I don't know how much more "plain" or "clear" I can make it! And not only that, but you are now getting awfully close to "straining at gnats" with:
Matthew's quote:
Quote:
"For example, I preached this Sunday night from Ephesians 4:11-16 and in verse 12 "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" I explained how this perfecting carries the meaning of well-rounded or mature. In the strictest application of your statement I have changed or added to the Word of God, have I not?"
When preaching the word or teaching the word it is perfectly OK to "expound" on it, but it is NOT O.K. to say: "the King James Bible is in ERROR here, and a better reading would be" {that's = "CHANGING"}; it is NOT O.K. to REMOVE the words - God, Spirit, Lord, Christ, Jesus, the Son, firstborn, begotten, blood, repentance, propitiation, Satan, prophet, study, science, hypocrites, etc. or the hundreds of other words and verses removed from the TEXT of the King James Bible {that's = "SUBTRACTING"}. Must I explain" what I mean by "ADDING" to the "TEXT" of the King James Bible also? Your points are getting mighty close to being disingenuous.

You can't possibly be that obtuse not to understand that "expounding" on the Holy words of God is NOT the SAME as ADDING TO, or SUBTRACTING FROM or CHANGING (in anyway) the "TEXT" of the King James Bible! When I say "you don't get it", it's obvious that you don't, by your statement:
Quote:
"Since our fellowship is around the Word of God, with salvation being the starting point, you have drawn the line that you both must have the same Bible."
Again. you are trying to "put words in my mouth" which I did NOT say! Read WHAT I HAVE SAID:
Quote:
"I can "fellowship" with Christians that do not believe as I do about the King James Bible - I CANNOT "fellowship" with those "Christians" who SUBTRACT from it; or ADD to it; or CHANGE it. And I especially want NOTHING TO DO with those "Christians" who will ATTACK it; RIDICULE it; and MALIGN it."
Quote:
"I don't know HOW I can be much clearer. I DRAW THE LINE with Bible "Correctors", "Deniers", or anyone else who "claims" to be a "Christian", but WHO "ADDS", "SUBTRACTS", "CHANGES", "MALIGNS", OR "RIDICULES" the HOLY Bible. (Do you do any of those things? NOT by your testimony & conduct here!)"
Quote:
"Since March of last year (2008) I have posted nearly 750 Posts on the AV1611 Forums. I have NEVER said, nor would I ever say, that "we can only walk with those we agree 100%". I can have fellowship (around the Lord Jesus Christ & His Holy word) with "all-kinds" of Christians (I'm far more "tolerant" of Christians troubled by "the sins of the flesh", or of Christians that hold to "discordant doctrines" (NOT "heresies") than most of the Christians I have met in the 50 years I have been a blood bought child of God)."
Quote:
"But I do "DRAW LINES". I will NOT "fellowship" with a out & out "Heretick"; I will NOT fellowship with ANYONE who is called a "Christian", who ADDS; SUBTRACTS; or CHANGES the Holy words of God as found in the King James Bible; I will NOT "fellowship" with ANYONE who viciously attacks, maligns, or ridicules the King James Bible; nor will I "fellowship" with ANYONE who viciously attacks, maligns, or ridicules King James Bible believers."
Now, I don't know how much more "plain" or how much clearer I can put it, but here goes (for the last time): I can "fellowship" (around the word of God) with you or practically any other Christian that may not believe as I do about the King James Bible. If, at any time, you, or any other "Christian" ADDS TO; SUBTRACTS FROM; or CHANGES the "words" in the "TEXT" of the HOLY Bible that will "END" our "fellowship" - NO IF's - AND's - or BUT's.

Nothing you say or do will CHANGE my heart or mind on this issue. If a person wants to "fellowship" with me it will have to be "fellowship" around the Holy word of God. If they want to put "conditions" on that "fellowship" such as if they ONLY want to CHANGE 10% (or 1%) of God's Holy words; or they ONLY want to ADD 10% (or 1%) to God's Holy words; or they ONLY want to SUBTRACT 10% (or 1%) from God's Holy words - that's a "game breaker" for me. That's the end of our "fellowship" because: "A LITTLE LEAVEN {STILL} LEAVENETH THE WHOLE LUMP"! [Galatians 5:9]{At least that's what it STILL says in my Bible!}

Front of The Bible:

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Middle of The Bible:

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

End of The Bible:

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

There can be no doubt as to the "meaning" of these WARNINGS! ! !

Man is commanded NOT to:

#1 ADD to the WORDS OF GOD!

#2 SUBTRACT from the WORDS OF GOD!

#3 CHANGE the WORDS OF GOD!

When someone messes with God's Holy words they are playing with FIRE!

I believe that God say what he means, and means what He says: “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19) We must diligently observe His WARNINGS and faithfully obey His Commands concerning HIS WORDS.

Last edited by George; 05-21-2009 at 01:15 PM.