View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha Brother Matthew Ward,

I took a brief look at your “Blog”, and I liked what I read.

I agree with your take on “Personal Discipleship”.

As to: “Guilt, Fear & Intimidation” - I have taught for several years that many “leaders” (pastors/elders) in today’s “Fundamentalist” churches are not only using “worldly methods” to win the lost, they also are adopting the world’s “TACTICS” to keep the brethren “in line”: The world (governments, institutions, religions, etc.) primarily uses FEAR - INTIMIDATION and COERCION; and if these fail, they will resort to – FORCE! I believe, as I think you do, that none of these “tactics” have any place in Biblical Christianity.

As to your concerns over: “KJVO vs. MV … will there ever be a cease fire?” I think that you might be a bit naïve on this issue. I believe that you are sincere in desiring to see peace within the body of Christ, and that your motive for wanting “UNITY” amongst believers is good; but after having been a King James Bible believer since 1968, I can tell you that there is absolutely NO CHANCE that there will be a “cease fire” between the two “camps”.

Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

The only way that there will ever be “UNITY” between us and the MV’ers, is IF one of us COMPROMISES! And as far as I personally am concerned – that will never happen on my part, and I am pretty sure that it won’t happen on their part (at least most of them).

This is an “issue” that will only be “settled” at the judgment seat of Christ. Although people on both sides of the issue are “sincere”, we both cannot be right - one of us is wrong – terribly wrong; and God will reveal (and “deal”) with those who are wrong at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Until then, the battle of “Which Bible?” and WHAT constitutes God’s FINAL AUTHORITY on earth will continue, unabated, as it has ever since W&H introduced their corrupt “Greek Text” upon which the “great grand-daddy” of all modern versions (MV’s) was based, i.e. the “original” English “Revised Version”.

I ask that you ponder this one thing (at least for now): If you will notice – we have a steady stream of MV’ers who join our little Forum, and who (once they "join" up) are constantly “baiting” us; drawing us into “arguments” and “debates”; and generally making a nuisance of themselves, trying to undermine our faith in the King James Bible. My question is: WHY is it that they continually COME HERE (on our Forum) and engage in these destructive “tactics”; and those of us here on the AV1611 Forums refuse to go to THERE (to their Forum) and engage in the very same nefarious “tactics”?

Just exactly WHAT is it that “compels” them to COME HERE and stir up trouble? And WHY is it that we DO NOT DO THE SAME? WHAT do they hope to “accomplish” by COMING HERE? WHAT is their MOTIVE for COMING HERE? Is it to EDIFY the brethren, or is it to DIVIDE us, or worse - possibly DESTROY us?

Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

2 Corinthians 10:8 For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:

Romans 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.

I leave it up to you to “judge”. Are those of us on the AV1611 Forums trying to DESTROY the brethren’s faith in the Holy words of God? Are we trying to “edify” and “build up” the brethren, or are we trying to “destroy” and “tear down”? You decide.

It is my sincere desire that you will be able to settle this matter in your heart and mind; and that the belief and conviction you settle on will be from God, and NOT from man.
George...thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I appreciate your comments.

As far as having to compromise with those on the other side of the MV vs KJV debate, I honestly do not believe one has to. Your assessment of some that come here to stir up trouble and cause strife and doubt is very true and I am sure you have seen many on the KJV side stir up trouble as well (maybe not on this forum). However I have learned over the years that I would rather discuss the truths of the Bible then to argue which Bible. Many may see that as a compromise, but if I agree with someone in 90% of doctrine, why do we have to argue the 10%? It can be a civil discussion (the Bible issue) and if I believe that I have the Word of God and that their Bible contains the Word of God, we are still talking about the Word of God!

If we would practice what is written in the Bible, the many verses you quoted, we would be much better off.