View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:49 PM

Default John 1 - Mutated??

I went to a church service last night in relation to my place of work (the place I work is what has presbyterian roots, so the church service is required). It was done in good taste, with cute little kids playing out the nativity while we sung some very beautiful hymns to the MASSIVE organ. It still strikes me as idol worship though, when all the heathens gather to sing songs to a plastic baby in a pile of straw (who else were they singing too.. most of them don't believe in Jesus Christ as God and Saviour).

Anyway, my question is this:

There was a Bible reading from John 1. This was the MOST perverse reading I have EVER come across. To me, it sounded like the person reading had just written it themselves, since they were very eloquent and a high achiever in English, but whatever it was, it was rubbish.

It went something like this (sorry I can't remember the exact words).

Before everything, there was nothing. And God was there. Nothing was made that was not made by Him. Before anything was made, mutated or came to life, God was there. In Him was light.

What Bible version is this? What Bible version sticks the word MUTATED into John 1? I don't know if it was John 1:1, parts of it sounded like it. Parts of it sounded like a mix between Genesis 1 and John 1. It was awful.