Thread: KJB summit
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
The chief problem with trying to unite KJBOs and anti-KJBOs* in any form of fellowship is that neither side views the other as equals. Just as you, Just-A-Thought, and others can come to this site and then return to FFF and chortle among yourselves at the foolish ignorance of us KJBOs, we KJBOs can go to FFF and observe your commiserating.

* The term anti-KJBO, which title you claim, is by definition an adversarial position. I have those with whom I can have a level of fellowship who do not believe the KJB is the only Bible to use, yet they do not consider my position to be extreme. Instead, they see me as intense in my faith, and at a level that they themselves have not ventured. We can banter quite well about the subject, but there is a degree of respect. With the anti-KJBO, the whole agenda is to discredit the KJBOs position. I prefer to call you an adversary, for "enemy" is too stark a term, but we cannot find much room for fellowship since there is little on which to unite.
I will not deny that I defend the anti-KJVO position. I do but I never call you extremists or thing of that nature. I know good Christians who are KJVO. I do not hate or mock KJVOs either. So I see no reason for a lack of fellowship. /i argue my point on the internet but if I knew you in person and your stand I would not even bring it up. I only fight it on the net.