View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post
Hi Stephen,
and I love you Anabaptists, and seek your fellowship. On this one doctrine of faith, I have been swayed often, so much so that I refuse to correct others, only ask why they say that. I am NOT trying to pin you down and especially not argue, but how do you take
Jeremiah 48:10? The context does not help me.

"Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood."
I guess (without looking to deeply into that verse) one would truly be cursed if he kept back his sword from blood when the Lord clearly commanded him to not do so.

I know there are verses in the bible that speak of times the Lord called the people of Israel to go to war against the enemies of their nation, however I cannot in good faith seek out Scriptures that support my being zealous of a particular nation that I live in. I do not believe the nation I live has good intentions, despite the fact that God uses this nation. What I do believe is that my Master doesn't wish that I resist evil (this includes being a pacifist, which is resistance. We, the Anabaptists, are non-violent and non-resistant). I just think that the Masters commandments in regards to this are clear. Perhaps I'm in error in this, but my spirit does not attest to this.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen