View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 06:27 AM
bluefishbeagle

20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

He sets up Presidents and rulers in this day and time also. His purpose will be done and he will set up who he chooses.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

King Cyrus thought he was doing his own will when he ordered the temple to be rebuilt but the scriptures prove that he was doing God's will.

Isa 44:28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

1 ¶ Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,

God only has free will to do and say what will happen in this present time and he takes councel from no man. This world will stand only as long as he wills it.

There is great comfort in that to all who believe the truth.