View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting of truth View Post
now i'm thinking about approaching a publishing company and asking them to print up some of the bibles with the text available from bible protector's website, or maybe putting it on a disk and having kinko's or someone print some up for me, maybe i can get them to do it in gen u ine leather too.. it'll be costly, but maybe, just maybe i can find a place that'll do it for me.. but i really am prolly just going to keep on with my thompson chain, i love the references in that bible, i already took a pen and put some of the corrections in the margin.. thats why i wanted a list of every variant, so i could go through and fix the whole dad gum thing..
I have a beautiful Moroccan leather wide-margin Bible from Bearing Precious Seed http://www.bpsmilford.org/. There are no study helps at all, but it's still the best Bible I have. The only thing is that from what I checked it seems to be half-Oxford/half-Cambridge.

I was wondering that given their philosophy (as I remember reading it in their newsletter or somewhere) that scripture publishing should be entrusted to the church and not commercial interests, and commercial interests may be a reason for the proliferation of different versions, if they might be one to approach about this?

This is from their Statement of Faith:

Quote:
The Bible - We believe the Bible consists of only sixty-six books (Genesis through Revelation). We believe God breathed the very words of Scripture (all of them) and superintended the men (whom He chose) in the process each had in writing the Scripture. We believe God has preserved His Word in New Testament form in the manuscript text known as the Textus Receptus. We further believe God has preserved His Word in Old Testament form in the manuscript text known as the Masoretic Text. Finally, we believe we have His preserved Word in the English language in the Bible known as the King James Version or Authorized Version. The King James Version is our sole authority for all purposes of reading and studying in English. The Bible is our sole rule of faith and practice.