View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Brother Forrest, the post itself hasnt disturbed me, neither has the poster, its a subject (and I am sure many have encountered it before) that I have seen used to bring evil intention against the lost in a fruitless effort, to tell a lost and needy sinner that God hates them is a step to braking them altogether. What they really need to hear is of the Greatest Love ever given, a Crucified Saviour who died for us, rose again and is seated at the right hand of power.

I certainly agree that God hated evil, workers of iniquity in the Old
Testament, But Christ was a new way, a way that allows those who were and are dead in their sins to draw close to an Almighty Sovereign God, through that Powerful shed Blood of a risen Saviour.

God Bless you and Yours
Your Brother In Christ
Quote:
What they really need to hear is of the Greatest Love ever given, a Crucified Saviour who died for us, rose again and is seated at the right hand of power.
Agreed!

Quote:
I certainly agree that God hated evil, workers of iniquity in the Old Testament, But Christ was a new way, a way that allows those who were and are dead in their sins to draw close to an Almighty Sovereign God, through that Powerful shed Blood of a risen Saviour.
I cannot rectify the difference here between the "Old Testament" and "New Testament." Do the scriptures in Psalms still apply today? That seems to be the issue.

I wholly believe that Jesus Christ is the solution. And those who are in Christ, are completely cleansed, forgiven, justified, and reconciled with God based on the sacrifice of Christ alone. But what is God's heart today regarding the workers of iniquity, the wicked, and the lovers of violence? Has He now repented of His previous proclamation since Calvary? This seems to be the question. I've concluded that He still has a hate/love relationship with mankind. (See Brother Parrish's post. I think he did a good job explaining it.)

By the way, I was wrong about the divisiveness issue. Per aussiemama's own confession early in this thread, she did indeed want to stir up strife by bringing up this topic. I had forgotten about that. Therefore, I am truly sorry to those (Atlas, Luke, and you) who were sensitive to this particular subject. In saying that, God meant it for good. He used this topic in my life to teach some truth I've never considered before.