View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
But what you said I am in agreement with. The Bible says God lives sinners and it says He hates sinners. I said let God be sovereign in this issue. It is not out of His power to do both and still be God.

It seems to me that there are two camps arguing, and neither is willing to admit the other is right, when they are both right.

I have no problem with any of the verses you wrote. My only problem is with the two camps - one arguing that God hates sinners, no exceptions, and the other saying that God loves sinners, no exceptions.

The truth is as you said. God hates sinners and God loves sinners.
Quote:
But what you said I am in agreement with. The Bible says God lives sinners and it says He hates sinners. I said let God be sovereign in this issue. It is not out of His power to do both and still be God.
Brother Luke, I understood you to be saying that, and I agree with you.

Quote:
It seems to me that there are two camps arguing, and neither is willing to admit the other is right, when they are both right.

I have no problem with any of the verses you wrote. My only problem is with the two camps - one arguing that God hates sinners, no exceptions, and the other saying that God loves sinners, no exceptions.
My opinion is that there is no arguing. Healthy and profitable discussion, yes. Arguing, no. Reading the thread, I must be missing the "argumentative" tone you refer to.

I do, however, think words like stupid and childish tend to invalidate another persons opinion, and might actually make some feel stupid and childish! We should do our best to be gracious with words, if possible.