View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
OnlineBaptist is just a haven for

Lordship Salvationists & Ray Comfort-ites (Romfortites haha).

They take a comfortable position on the KJV (it's the best, but not perfect). Reading some of their threads, half cannot agree on what a person must do to be saved, and the other half sit around patting themselves on the back that they aren't like the rest of America - making claims like -

"it makes me so sad that people think they are going to heaven because they trust Jesus but they have never accepted him as Lord"

NO IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU SAD. IT MAKES YOU PROUD - you think you are better than someone else who is backslidden, less obedient or even lost in sin. If it made you so sad, you wouldn't be posting about it on a forum and amening someone else because you are so wonderful and obedient to the Saviour...
I have to interject here (for the benefit of lurkers and other "spies" ) that I believe that Bro. Matt, the administrator of Online Baptist, is a very good man with an honest heart. My feeling is that he has a rather clouded pool of members to draw from for moderators, and he winds up with mouthy people, ignoramuses, and doctrinally-challenged individuals. He's not around much (real life is a pain!) so the young, testosterone-charged individual with lots of time on his hands enjoys exercising his moderator powers. That seems to have toned down somewhat recently, but I do think that Bro. Matt has difficulty finding a proper balance. I can sympathize; running a popular or busy forum isn't easy.