View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Indeed, the key is to always test the spirits to see if they are of God or not. Let us not get into a stife with those that practice false tongues, since Christ warned us of pulling up the tares within the wheat. As Jude writes And of some have compassion, making a difference, and others save with fear, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. There are times we must know (this is when we should be instant in prayer to seek His wisdom) when to use compassion, and when to use fear to bring those that are wandering back into the fold. Let us do all things in humility, lest we be tempted also.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen

PS - I just wanted to add, that you can be certain that when we disciples of Christ Jesus take seriously the call to go and preach the word to all creatures that wonders and signs will follow. I was really moved by the Back To Jerusalem brethren at http://www.backtojerusalem.com. They've shared quite a few testamonies of miracles happening as they preach the Gospel in China and abroad. Amazing stuff. I can't stop thanking God! Hallelujah!
In regards to your comments,

For 50 years I have wondered about the people who have embraced Pentecostalism (now referred to as "Charismatics") - because of their desire to SEE Signs, Wonders, and Miracles, especially with this verse staring them in the face:[Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a SIGN; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: ].

And for all of those 50 years - all of the so-called Signs, Wonders, and Miracles (that I "heard" of) are ALWAYS taking place in some remote corner of the world where they can NOT be verified (Africa; South America; remote parts of Asia; the South Pacific; China; Mongolia; etc.; etc.; etc.).

I wonder - are these the "same kind" of "Signs", "Wonders", and "Miracles" that are "supposedly" taking place in Lakeland, Florida? Or which "supposedly" took place in Brownsville, Florida before that? Or that "supposedly" took place in Tobago (West Indies)? Or that "supposedly" took place in Toronto, Canada? Etc., etc., etc.!

Some of us weren't born yesterday (or the day before). These people (Pentecostals/Charismatics) have always emphasized the Holy Spirit [John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall NOT speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.]; "Revival"; and "holy living"; but they almost always ignore the Lord Jesus Christ (as presented in the Scriptures) and God's Holy word (the Scriptures, i.e. the Bible).

In this age (Dispensation), and under the "New Covenant" in the blood of our Lord and Saviour, we are to live by the FAITH OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST - NOT BY SIGHT! [Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.]

Our HOPE is in Christ, NOT Signs, Wonders, and Miracles! [Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is SEEN is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?]
25 But if we hope for that we SEE not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Your looking for the WRONG "things" - we are looking for:

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Amen & amen ". . . .
Even so, come, Lord Jesus." [Revelation 22:20]