View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Bro. Tim that is a great post.

This is actually very typical of Bullingerites, they have been infiltrating and splitting Bible believing Baptist churches for many years, many pastors who have been in the ministry for 30 or 40 years know this. You will notice how this member constantly refers to himself in opposition to Independent Fundamental Baptists (IFB's) including those on other forums, and he has made no secret of this going back to his early posts, although several members have picked up on it and also picked up on his subtle references to "dry cleaning" in many of his posts. This is a tactic, and it's done for a reason, because there is a desire to ENGAGE Bible believers on the issue of water baptism, and many of them are obsessed with it. The passages being touted here are not new, they are the STANDARD FARE for Hyperdispenationalism. If you have ever had a Hyperdispensationalist come into your church and start holding home "Bible studies" with your young people then you know this. They love to debate this issue for hours using circular reasoning and in the end it will not edify anyone. He is also telling us that we are AFRAID OF HIS DOCTRINE, over and over. There is a reason for this tactic.

Bro. George has clearly stated that Tony is WRONG about water Baptism not being for the New Testament believer. Brandon has done the same. Are we to assume that George and Brandon ARE AFRAID OF TON'YS DOCTRINE? Of course not, but that is exactly what Tony is suggesting when he taunts all of us who do not agree with him.

I warned everyone involved several times on this thread, I stated my position from the SCRIPTURES, and have provided the warning of David Walker and Harry Ironsides for others to consider.

I am not angry or upset about any of this, but I find it peculiar that he is still being allowed to use these methods on this board, and if it follows the typical pattern I PROMISE YOU, it will get far worse as time goes on. Sadly, this is the typical "pattern" or M.O. that Ultras use to try to convince others that believer's Baptism is UNSCRIPTURAL and PART OF THE LAW, and it ALWAYS HAPPENS after they position themselves as an accepted authority in the group. Unfortunately, as I have already shown—believer's baptism is not simply BAPTIST THEOLOGY, it's BIBLE DOCTRINE, and the problems with Hyperdispensationalism do not stop with water baptism.
May God bless each of you as you seek His wisdom on this issue.
I think God has already blessed many on this issue Brother Parrish. With all respect to brother George, he has demonstrated it was operative in Times Past, no one has shown, from Scripture, it is operative for today. Paul mentions water baptism once, and that is to deny it was part of his commission.

Brother Tim is flat wrong on "taunting", I've taunted no one. I've been open and maybe some might interpret as brutally honest because I am still the relative newby. If there has been any "taunting" it's been you trying to taunt me into losing my temper and not presenting my side of the topic in a decent and orderly fashion and you've done this by making accusations and associating me with "heretics" as you ambiguously imply with this Bullinger-Walker-Ruckman-Ironside nonsense that contributes nothing to the thread. If I had "taunted" anyone I am sure Brandon would have brought it to my attention immediately in the thread and privately.

I've asked you several time to give me Scripture proving water baptism is not part of the Law of Moses. Not Tim, not George, you. What have you given me in return? References that I am a heretic because Harry Ironside, David Walker, Peter Ruckman, and you say and think I am.

Time for my gloves to come off and my claws to come out. I want, from you, the following:

1. The names, dates, and locations of churches "infiltrated and split" by "hyper" and "ultra" dispensational teachings.
2. The name of the book(s) and page numbers of David Walker's allegations.
3. The name of the book(s) and page numbers of Harry Ironsides allegations.
4. The name of the book(s) and page numbers of Bullinger's teachings on the topic of this thread.

IS water baptism Bible doctrine? Yes. It's just not sound doctrine for today.

Grace and peace Brother Parrish